Varalaxmi Vratham 2022:
Varalaxmi Vratham is dedicated to Goddess Laxmi. People observe fast on this day and Varalaxmi Vratham has a great religious siginificance in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Orissa. Varalaxmi Vratham is observed on the 2nd friday of Shukla Paksha in the month of Shravan. This year, Varalaxmi Vratham is being observed today, on Friday, 5th August
, 2022. Varalaxmi Vratham 2022 Significance :
Laxmi is the goddess of wealth and prosperity. Worshipping Goddess Laxmi during shravan month on shukravaar is considered to be highly auspicious. People, who observe fast on this propitious day with full dedication and devotion, Goddess Laxmi bless them with prosperity, wealth, happiness and longevity. Varalakshmi is the consort of Lord Vishnu and one of the forms of Goddess Mahalakshmi. Varalakshmi was appeared from the milky ocean or Kshir Sagar. She was having the complexion of milky ocean and wears similar color attire.
The eight forces of the world is known as Ashta Laxmi and these are the name of Ashta Laxmi -
1. Aadi Laxmi (Force)
2. Dhan Laxmi (Wealth)
3. Dhairya Laxmi (Courage)
4. Santaan Laxmi (Children)
5. Vidhya Laxmi (Wisdom)
6. Vijaya Laxmi (Success)
7. Dhaanya Laxmi (Food)
8. Gaja Laxmi (Strength) READ ALSO,Raksha Bandhan 2022: When to celebrate Rakhi?? Know Shubh Muhurat
According to the Hindu Scriptures it is believed that by observing Varalaxmi Vartham, Goddess Laxmi bless the women by all these eight energies and with desired wish fulfillment. This fast can be observed only by married women for the well being of the male family members. Varalaxmi Vratham 2022 Rituals :
1. The devotees get up early in the morning and wear nice clean clothes.
2. Place an idol of Goddess Laxmi on a wooden plank.
3. The idol of Goddess Laxmi should be placed towards east facing.
4. Place a bowl filled with rice on that wooden plank.
5. Put Chandan and Kumkum on fur sides of the plank.
6. Place betel leaves, 5 fruits, date fruit and silver coin.
7. Put a kalash decorate it with mango leaves and place coconut on that kalash.
8. Apply haldi, chandan and Kumkum Tilak on that coconut.
9. Decorate to Goddess Face with kumkum or bindi and fix that against the coconut and tie it tightly with a thread.
10. Decorate Goddess Laxmi and offer Vermillion, Jewellery and clothes.
11. Light a diya and before commencing the pooja one must offer prayers to Lord Ganesha as he is the Pratham Pujya.
12. Offer prayers to Goddess Laxmi and recite Varalaxmi Vratham Katha.
13. Offer Prasad to Goddess Laxmi and seek forgiveness and blessings from Goddess Laxmi.
14. Coconut should be broken and the water should be thrown in to any plant and distribute coconut prasad to all.
15. Next day a small pooja is performed to coclude the Varalaxmi Vratham and the Goddess Laxmi idol should not be moved to anywhere till sunday. Laxmi Mantra :-
1. Om Shree Mahalakshmyai Cha Vidmahe Vishnu Patnyai Cha Dheemahi Tanno Lakshmi Prachodayat Om॥
2. Om Hreem Shreem Lakshmibhayo Namah॥