HT Sports Desk
At HT Sports Desk, passionate reporters work round the clock to provide detailed updates from the world of sports. Expect nuanced match reports, previews,reviews, technical analysis based on statistics, the latest social media trends, expert opinions on cricket, football, tennis, badminton, hockey,motorsports, wrestling, boxing, shooting, athletics and much more.
Articles by HT Sports Desk
- Kohli was seen engaging in an animated conversation with umpire Aleem Dar following the decision to halt the play as Mohammed Shami prepared to bowl the fourth over of the innings.
- Bumrah on Saturday pulled off the unthinkable as he smashed 35 runs against Stuart Broad to break Brian Lara's 19-year-old record for most runs scored in an over in Test cricket and the West Indies legend reacted to the feat with epic tweet.
- The former Pakistan captain made a massive statement on Rishabh Pant following the India star's century in the fifth Test against England.
- Coming out to bat when India were at 98 for 5, Pant hit a counter-attacking 146 to lead the team's recovery in the rescheduled fifth Test.
- Ravi Shastri spoke on Jasprit Bumrah's magnificent hitting against Stuart Broad, as the India captain broke Brian Lara's record for most runs in an over in Tests.
- Iga Swiatek faced a shock defeat in the third round of Wimbledon 2022.
- Harmony Tan pulled off a Roger Federer-like ‘tweener’ trick shot against Katie Boulter in her Wimbledon women's singles third round match, on Saturday.
- India wicketkeeper-batter Dinesh Karthik reacted to leading the team during a warm-up game against Derbyshire on Friday.
- Jasprit Bumrah smashed Stuart Broad for 29 runs, as the bowler conceded 35 including extras to register his name in the unwanted record for the most expensive over in Test history.
- Jasprit Bumrah smashed Stuart Broad for 29 runs, with the over fetching 35 runs including extras which is now a world record in the longest format of the game.
- At the end of six legal deliveries, with Broad delivering a wide and a no ball, Bumrah had smashed him for 35 runs, seven more than what Brian Lara had managed against the former South Africa bowler.
- Playing in her first competition since August 2021, Venus Williams sealed a win with Jamie Murray in their mixed doubles first round fixture at Wimbledon, on Friday.
- Former India captain Virat Kohli gave a team talk before the start of England's first innings on Day 2 of the rescheduled fifth Test.
- Bumrah's 35-run carnage against Stuart Broad left his teammates absolutely astonished and delighted.
- There was a roar of applause from the spectators as Jadeja dished out his trademark sword celebration at Edgbaston.
- Stuart Broad conceded 35 runs off an over in the rescheduled fifth and final Test, and registered an unwanted world record.
- Still be early days, but Mats Wilander already made a massive prediction for Wimbledon final which will be played next Sunday at the Centre Court and also picked the winner of the elusive trophy.
- India wicketkeeper-batter Dinesh Karthik called out ECB on their headline for the day's highlights after Rishabh Pant slammed a century on Day 1 of the rescheduled fifth Test.
- Rishabh hit a reverse scoop against James Anderson – a replay of his audacious shot against the veteran seamer when England toured India in 2021.
- After the who's who of Indian cricket lauded the left-hander for his outstanding counterattacking hundred on Day 1 of the fifth Test against England at Edgbaston in Birmingham, Pant took time to reply to most of them. He thanked the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Suresh Raina, Harbhajan Singh, Irfan Pathan but reserved the best reply for Virender Sehwag.
- Ravichandran Ashwin was not selected for India's fifth Test against England, which meant that the ace spinner did not play a single match in the tour but former head coach Ravi Shastri said that the team was close to selecting him in earlier matches.
- Nadal has an 82 per cent success rate at Wimbledon where he has reached five consecutive finals between 2006 and 2011, and winning the title twice in 2008 and 2010
- Serving at 0-3 down in the fourth set, Bublik resorted to an underarm serve six times over the span of one service game.
- Pant does have exceptional numbers away from home. Since his debut in 2018, only Cheteshwar Pujara, who bats at No.3 for India, has scored more runs (1576 runs) than Pant away from home.
- Although this was a second-string side, it will be a memorable one for Dinesh Karthik, as he was given the opportunity to lead his peers out to the field in an Indian shirt for the first time in his career, albeit in a warm-up match. Here's how Twitter reacted to Dinesh Karthik captaining India.
- Rahul Dravid's never-seen-before celebration at Pant's 89-ball ton in Birmingham broke the internet.
- Lacing 20 boundaries and 4 sixes, Pant notched up his fifth Test century and second in England, en route to his breathtaking knock of 146 runs off 111 deliveries.
- Umran Malik showed why he is regarded as a special talent by many including greats like Dale Steyn. He ran in and bowled a length ball at high speed. Right-hander Brooke Guest, who was looking for quick runs, went for a big heave but failed to make any contact. The ball cannoned into the middle stump and sent it flying.
- Pant smashed 146 off 111 balls against England and then came up with the simplest of answers in the press conference. After stumps, Pant was asked by an English journalist whether he swapped positions with Shreyas Iyer and walked out to bat at number five to which Pant gave a direct one line - can be treated as one word too - answer.